Terms & Conditions
St Matthias Halls is the trading name of CommunityCultureSpace Ltd (CCS) which is responsible for managing the spaces.
CCS will send full terms and conditions on request, or when negotiating a booking, and they must be agreed before an event is confirmed.
- Hiring the kitchen requires a separate agreement and induction on using equipment.
- Setting up and cleaning of the premises must be included within the event’s time period. Doors will be unlocked at the start and locked at the end of this period. Additional fees may be charged for late leaving.
- All equipment must be removed after the event, and no rubbish/litter left anywhere on the property. The space should be left clean and in good order.
- Damage/breakage charges will be deducted by CCS from your deposit.
- The hall is not licensed for public performances, public dances, public discotheques or the sale of alcohol.
- Alcohol consumption (except with/by prior arrangement) is not permitted.
- The hirer shall be responsible for obtaining any local authority or other licences necessary connected with the booking.
- The hirer shall observe all regulations affecting the premises imposed by Licensing Justices, the Fire Authority, the Local Authority or otherwise and must not contravene the laws of betting, gaming and lotteries.
- All relevant fair trading laws and any local code of practice issued in connection with sales must be complied with.
- Normal projection equipment and PA equipment may be used subject to prior agreement ONLY. Music systems must NOT disturb the neighbours.
- The hirer shall be responsible for supervision and security of the premises, protection of the fabric/contents from damage and the behaviour of all persons.
- Children are not allowed to play in front of the premises, nor users congregate outside.
- CCS regards the safe care and protection of children as of the utmost importance. Groups hiring the premises must share this concern and make appropriate provision for the protection of children within their care.
- Until further notice, the hirer cannot use the back garden due to ongoing treatment for Japanese Knotweed.
- The hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or do anything or bring on to the premises anything, which may endanger the premises, users, or insurance policies.
- The hirer shall make adequate arrangements to insure against third party claims against the hirer or his/her organisation whilst using the premises. CCS does not accept any liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused.
- The hirer shall indemnify St Matthias Church and CCS for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises including the curtilage, contents, or in respect of any liability to third parties.
- CCS accepts no liability for any damage or loss to any person or personal possession, however caused.
- CCS reserves the right to refuse any application.
- A deposit is payable in advance for all bookings. Part or all of it may be retained if any of these conditions are not met
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
020 7923 2726
St Matthias Halls, Wordsworth Road, London, N16 8DD